Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas with the Good Stuffers!

The Good Stuff Gang had a down-n-dirty dinner party last night on the 2nd floor of the restaurant. It’s kind-of a Mendelsohn family tradition to chow down with our key people and get all sappy, sentimental and thankful right around now. So the guys and I used some down-time during the day to make: bone marrow, roasted and basted garlic and rosemary filet, beet salad with goat cheese and mint, cauliflower ala gratin….the menu was endless (and incredible). It wasn’t supposed to be such a big deal, but by the time my folks arrived at 10pm, we had prepared the feast of all feasts. It was so awesome looking around and seeing everyone enjoying themselves, getting served instead of serving others, taking time to smell the roses, or in this case, the crispy bacon-wrapped-asparagus. I was really moved by my surroundings. And then I was stuffed.
Today, Good Stuff closes a little early so everyone can head home for the holidays. My plan? Home for a quick nap, or maybe I’ll finish Before the Devil Knows Your Dead. Great flick, eh? Then my girlfriend and I will head to my sister’s for…yup, more food and family. Last I checked, my sis was going with a French theme (quiches, tartines, etc.). As of now, I’m showing up…empty handed. Classic. Maybe I’ll whip up some Croque Madame for all the beautiful mademoiselles in my life. Either way, I’ll make sure to have have=2 0un peu de champagne - because I truly have so much to celebrate. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday. Were you naughty or nice?
Laughter and Eggnog Lattes,
Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment